/sci/verse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
/sci/verse

A transhumanist far-future, hard-sf setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
agent9

2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem Empty
PostSubject: 2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem   2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:31 pm

In the year 2432 the Muslim European Union create the first reactor specifically designed to create anti-matter.
They state emphatically that it is for peaceful research purposes.

In the year 2448 the first functional weaponized antimatter device is created.

In In the year 2511 an anti matter device is used in aggression for the first time.
It is also the first hostile detonation of a nuclear device in over 300 years.
Ironically it was detonated beneath the M.E.U's own capitol city of Berlin by a rogue faction of their own government.

In the year 2712 a large number of top secret United States government documents are made public.
It is revealed that members United States Central Intelligence Agency were assigned the task of providing members of the rogue faction of the M.E.U.*
with with a relatively large amount of weapons grade anti matter. This was given for the specific purpose of creating an extremely high yield anti matter explosive device.

*(also known as the Global Fundamentalist Party or G.F.P)
Back to top Go down
loads_of_fun

PostSubject: Re: 2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem   2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:41 am

>weapons grade anti matter
It does not work like that.

P.S. I would use the normal quote system but it is really hard to read (grey on gray).
Back to top Go down
Chimaera
Admin
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: 2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem   2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:03 am

It seems too... Out of place. I mean, look at how much shit has changed over the past century. In 2500 or 2700 there won't be any America, or Muslims, probably. Large scale antimatter produciton will be feasible in this century or the next, I don't see this stretching over centuries in which nothing else seems to change.
Back to top Go down
https://sciverse.board-directory.net
agent9

PostSubject: Re: 2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem   2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 pm

loads_of_fun wrote:
>weapons grade anti matter
It does not work like that.

P.S. I would use the normal quote system but it is really hard to read (grey on gray).

I understand that its either anti matter or it isn't, and the VOLUME of anti matter used is more important than anything.
But who's to say that in 300 plus years we would not have found out that one specific kind of ant matter works better than another?

Last edited by agent9 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
agent9

PostSubject: Re: 2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem   2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Chimaera wrote:
It seems too... Out of place. I mean, look at how much shit has changed over the past century. In 2500 or 2700 there won't be any America, or Muslims, probably. Large scale antimatter produciton will be feasible in this century or the next, I don't see this stretching over centuries in which nothing else seems to change.

I understand that you want to get out into deep space and have hypersleep and living overminds and all kinds of exotic sci fi shit. But thats why we have a 5 MILLION YEAR timeline.

So while you're doing your giant sentient solar powered living organic hyper evolved space traveler thing just keep it in the far future where it belongs because this isn't supposed to be Star Trek. Meanwhile I'll be perfectly happy doing my more realistic and less exotic thing here on Earth in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Chimaera
Admin
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: 2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem   2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:41 pm

agent9 wrote:
Chimaera wrote:

I understand that you want to get out into deep space and have hypersleep and living overminds and all kinds of exotic sci fi shit. But thats why we have a 5 MILLION YEAR timeline.

So while you're doing your giant sentient solar powered living organic hyper evolved space traveler thing just keep it in the far future where it belongs because this isn't supposed to be Star Trek. Meanwhile I'll be perfectly happy doing my more realistic and less exotic thing here on Earth in the near future.

>So while you're doing your giant sentient solar powered living organic hyper evolved space traveler thing just keep it in the far future where it belongs because this isn't supposed to be Star Trek

I know. It's supposed to be realistic, no soft sci-fi bullshit of course.

>Star Trek. Meanwhile I'll be perfectly happy doing my more realistic and less exotic thing here on Earth in the near future.

What's realistic about America and every nation we know existing in 700 years and the first antimatter bomb being detonated hundreds of years into the future? What happened in between?

I think we should just define a storyline/timeline before anything else, so they don't contradict,but there doesn't seem to be much activity in that area.
Back to top Go down
https://sciverse.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem   2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2432 and the Growing Anti Matter Problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/sci/verse :: Worldbuilding :: Stories-
Jump to: